Dr. Jayshree Singh, Associate Professor, English, Faculty of Social Science and Humanities, Bhupal Nobles’ University Udaipur, Rajasthan, India.
Ph.D. Research Scholars
02 - Bhupal Nobles' University, Udaipur
Themes of the Scholars are -
1. Interrogating and Expanding Feminist Questions in the Selected Indian Diaspora Films (Deepa Mehta and Meera Nair)
2. Temptation of Environment and Child Protagonist in the Selected Charles Dickens's Novels
02 candidates awarded degree of M. Phil. on the completion of their Dissertation submitted to VMOU, Kota in the session 2009- 2010/2011.
Title of Dissertations:
1. The Human Self of Mahatma Gandhi
2. Gender and Sexuality: A Critical Study of the Selected American and British Novels
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------06 Research Scholars from Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur registered for Doctorate Degree uptill now, since 2009
Title of Thesis:
1. A Critical Study of the Selected Films of Hrishikesh Mukherjee
2. Thematic Study of the Selected Novels of Amrita Pritam (AWARDED)
3. Social Concerns in the Selected Plays of Vijay Tendulkar (SUBMITTED & VIVA-VOCE awaited)
4. Inter-Racial Consciousness in the Selected Writings of James McBride
5. Dalit Women’s Consciousness in the Selected Writings – Bama, Mahasweta Devi, Sujata Gidla and Sivakami
6. Feminine Longings and Challenges in the Writings of Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
MLSU Scholars = 06, One Awarded, Second Awaiting Award and other four are in queue.
Publications in last three years
1. Diaspora Writings: Epiphany, Emotions Ethics. Journal of Literature and Art Studies,
Journal of Literature and Art Studies, January 2017, Vol. 7, No. 1, 51-62doi: 10.17265/2159-5836/2017.01.006
2. Human Nature: A Metaphor of Spiritual Decadence in the Selected Fiction of American Novelists. Journal IJELLH, Vol.IV, Issue X, October 2016. ISSN 2321-7065, pp. 183-195.www.ijellj.com
3. Critical Contemplation and Creation in the Selected William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s Works. Sept.-Oct. 2016, Vol. 4/26. Pp. 2730-2743.
4. The Female Players in the Selected Plays of Kalidasa Contemporary Literary Review India. 04/2013; CLRI Print Edition ISSN 2250-3366:5061.http://www.contemporaryliteraryreviewindia.com/http://clrireviews.blogspot.in/
5. Memories, Disillusions and Reactions: Cry the Peacock by Anita Desai - International Journal of English: Literature, Language & Skills IJELLS www.ijells.com ISSN 2278-0742, VOLUME 2 ISSUE 1 APRIL 2013.
6. Gandhi: A Phenomenon of Emotional and Moral Intelligence - Global Journal of English Language and Literature April 2013. Volume 1. Issue 2. ISSN 2320-4397 Website: https://sites.google.com/site/globaljournalofell/. 04/2013; Volume 1. Issue 2. ISSN 2320-4397 Website: https://sites.google.com/site/globaljournalofell/:78-91.
7. Meerabai: A Study in Context of Literature and Nature - http://impressions.50webs.org/jan12/ar_jayshrees.html. Meerabai – IMPRESSIONS- a Bi-annual Refereed e-Journal of English Studies, Vol.VI, Issue-1: January 2012. Gaziabad. ISSN: 0974-892X.
8. Feminist Pedagogic Paradigms: A Study in Suniti Namjoshi’s Feminist Fables and Saint Suniti & the Dragon –Journal of the Academy of Well-being, Udaipur, Rajasthan, July 2013, ISSN: 0974-8717.
9. Feminism and Social Ethics – The International Journal of Culture, Literature and Criticism, Issue 8 / October -2013, ISSN: 0976-1608. Journal of Literature and Art Studies, September 2015, Vol. 5, No. 9, 739-748doi: 10.17265/2159-5836/2015.09.007
10. Cinematic Representations With Metropolises- Research Journal of English Language and Literature (RJELAL) Vol.3.2.2015, ISSN(online) 2321-3108 and ISSN(print) 2395-263, p.117-121
11. Existence and Environment in the Literature of Margins: “Poisoned Bread” by Arjun Dangle, Research Journal of English Language and Literature, Vol.3.2.2015. ISSN(online) 2321-3108 and ISSN(print) 2395-2636, p. 128-131
12. Myths and Ways of the Seas/Rivers in Amitav Ghosh’s Novel “Sea of poppies”, International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities (IJELLH), Vol. III, Issue III, May 2015. ISSN(online) 2321-3108 and ISSN(print) 2395-2636, p. 114-122
13. Spices Action with the Internal World, International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities (IJELLH) Vol. III, Issue III, May 2015, ISSN 2321-7065, p.301-312
14. Psycho-Socio-Cultural Matrix of Women’s World in the Selected Indian Women’s Writings, Journal of English Language and Literature (JOELL), 2014. ISSN 2349-9753, p.121-126.
15. Realistic American Short Fiction of 1950-60s: Portraying Life and Nation, International Journal of English: Literature, language and Skills (IJELLS), 2014. ISSN 2278-0742, p. 77-81,
16. Feminine Subjectivities on Geopolitical Platform: Introspective Diaspora in the Namesake and The Swinging Bridge. SUJELS, Inaugural Issue, Journal of English Literary Studies. Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, 2013-14, ISSN 2320-3056 , p. 115-122.
17. Theory at Work: African-American/African Text, history and Culture. LITERARIA, Vol.3, No.2. Bahri Publ.: New Delhi, July-Dec. 2013, ISSN 2229-4600. Special Issue on Comparative Literature p. 38-54.
18. The Writings of Women of Royal Families. THE QUEST – A Peer Reviewed Literary Journal, Vol. 30, No.1, June 2016, p. 75-87. ISSN 0971-2321.
19. Bondage and Liberation in the East and West Poetics. POETCRIT Vol.29, issue 1 (Jan.2016): p. 41-55.
20. Environmental Ecology: Paralyzed Through Political and Economic Re-Modifications and Fiefdom. JOELL (Journal of English language and Literature) Internationally Peer reviewed refereed Journal, Vol.3, Issue 49(2016): p.38-42. ISSN 2349-9753.
21. Human Vulnerable to Ingenuity Gaps: A Critical Study of the Plays- Ghasiram Kotwal, Kamala, Vultures and Sakharam Binder. IJELLH (International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities) Indexed, Peer Reviewed & Refereed Journal, Vol.4, Issue I (Jan. 2016): p. 352-361. ISSN 2321-7056.
22. Social Culture, Fact and Practice in Translation. THE CONTEXT (Quarterly e-journal of Language, Literature and Cultural Studies) Vol.2, Issue 4 (2015): 456-462. Web. http://www.magnuspublishing.com. Article Number: TCissn.2349-4948/2.4a083.
23. Psyche – An Object of Coercion: The Epic Mahabharata. IJELLS (International Journal of Language and Literature Studies), Vol. 4, Issue 2 (2015) p. 39-43. ISSN 2278-0742.www.ijells.com
24. Technology and Management Mapping Indian Education and Employability. IJELLS (International Journal of Language and Literature Studies), Vol. 4, Issue 4 (Jan. 2016) p. 159-163. ISSN 2278-0742.www.ijells.com
25. “Indian Ethics and Aesthetics: The plays of Kalidas" - A Study of Kalidas’s Plays Malvikaganimitram, Abhijanansakuntalam and Vikramorvasiyam. THE QUEST, Vol.7, No.2, Dec.2013. ISSN 0971-2321
26. “Political Consciousness in the Textual Discourse: “The Poisoned Bread”. Literary Insight, Vol.4 (Jan.) 2013. ISSN 0975-6248.Pp. 198-203.
27. “Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things: A Manifestation of the New Social Movement”. Contemporary Discourse Vol. 4, Issue 1 (Jan.) 2013. ISSN – 0976-3686. Pp. 125-131
28. “The Infrahuman Gaze: Rudyard Kipling and George Orwell”. Poetcrit Vol. XXVI, Issue 1 (Jan.) 2013. ISSN-09702830.Pp. 75-81
29. Attitude and Aesthetics in Tagore’s Essays – Sadhana and Creative Unity. Journal SAMAJMITTI. ISSN No. 2319-9903. Udaipur.
30. The paper titled “Impact and Implications of Cultural Contexts in Classroom: An Overview”. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference and 43rd Annual ELTAI Conference, 2012 organized by Velammal Enginerring College, Chennai, India and ELTAI on the theme “The English Classroom – Experiments and Experiences”
31. “Gender and Child Custody". Gender Empowerment: Choice and Changes. Eds. V.L.Chouhan & Jayshree Singh, et.al. Himanshu Publ.: New Delhi, 2012. ISBN: 978-81-7906-308-8.
32. “The Context and Construction of Religion in Art vs Reality: A Study in the Selected Travelogues of V.S.Naipaul”. VOICES, Vol.1; No.2 (Sept. 2011). Ed. Rajul Bhargava. Jaipur: Rawat Publ. ISSN 2230-875X.
33. “Disillusions, Confessions and Inanities” in the Selected Poems of K. N. Daruwala. National Conference on ‘Urban catharsis: The Psycho-Moral Cleansing Effects of Literature in English” (NCUC – 2012) Dept. of English, Lingaya’sUniversity, Faridabad, Haryana. Conference Proceedings, Ed. Dr. Omana Antony.
34. “History and Political Governance of Reservation Policy in India”. Revolving Around India(s): Alternative Images, Emergent Perspectives. Eds.Juan Ignacio Oliva, Antonia Navarro & Taniya Gupta. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015 (forthcoming)
35. Integrating Traditional Business Practices with Technology in the Nation-Building, International Conference Proceedings on Technology and Business Management. March 26-28, 2012. Ed. Omprakash Gupta, Univ. of Houston, U.S.A. www.uowdubai.ac.ae and www.aims-international.org.
36. “Road to Smart Cities and Smart Villages: Governance and Development”. 5th “A Road Map of India Ahead”, 2016 at St. Xavier’s College National Seminar Proceedings, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
37. “V.S. Naipaul’s Dialogic Perception vis-à-vis Cultural Relativist Psyche”. Word, Image and Music: Post Colonial Readings in the Age of New Media. Eds. S.S.Pani and et.al. Vol.II (IACLALS Annual Conference, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa) 2010. ISSN no. 0974-5416
Publication of Dissertation by Foreign Publisher before Doctorate Degree
EARTH TURNS TO GOLD – English Rendering of Kanhiya Lal Mishra “Prabhakar’s Mati Ho Gai Sona”. Creative Book Publishers: U.S.A. (2004) ISBN: 0976546744.
Publication of Thesis by Foreign Publisher
BONDAGE AND LIBERATION – A Study in the Selected Plays of Tenneessee Williams. RoseDog Books: Pittsburg, Pennsylvannia 15222. (2009) ISBN: 978-1-4349-9438-7.
Publication of Post-Doctoral Dissertation by Foreign Publisher
Human Emotions and Human Rights in the Selected American Films – The Color Purple (1985) and Erin Brockovich (2000). Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. ISBN – 978-3-659-34698-9.
Publication In India
GENDER EMPOWERMENT: Choices and Changes eds. Vijaylaxmi Chouhan & Jayshree Singh et.al. Himanshu Publications: New Delhi , 2012. ISBN: 978-81-7906-308-8
Inter-departmental Research (Inter-disciplinary)
1. Environmental Ecology: Paralyzed Through Political and Economic Re-Modifications and Fiefdom. JOELL (Journal of English language and Literature) Internationally Peer reviewed refereed Journal, Vol.3, Issue 49(2016): p.38-42. ISSN 2349-9753
2. Employee Training and Development in the HRH Group of Hotels, Rajasthan (The research on 20 employees of HRH group of Hotels, Udaipur) A Project Report in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of MBA (HRM) in Pondicherry University. Session 2012 -13
3. Integrating Traditional Business Practices with Technology in the Nation-Building, International Conference Proceedings on Technology and Business Management. March 26-28, 2012. Ed. Omprakash Gupta, Univ. of Houston, U.S.A. www.uowdubai.ac.ae and www.aims-international.org.
4. Gender and Child Custody. Gender Empowerment: Choice and Changes”. Eds. V.L.Chouhan & Jayshree Singh, et.al. Himanshu Publ.: New Delhi, 2012. ISBN: 978-81-7906-308-8.
5. “No Construction Zone: A Political Issue or an Environmental Concern” www.udaipurtimes.com/ Published: October 29, 2012
6. “Road to Smart Cities and Smart Villages: Governance and Development”. 5th “A Road Map of India Ahead”, 2016 at St. Xavier’s College National Seminar Proceedings, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
7. "Reservation in the Nation-building Activities: Policing Compromise, Compensation or Separatism". Developing to Developed Nation. Journal of Aishwarya Shikshan Sansthan, Vol.1 (August 2011). Udaipur: AES. ISSN: 2249-2100.
8. Business Survival Strategies of India and China in the Global Market. STORMING THE GLOBAL BUSINESS. Eds. Biswajeet Patnayak and et al. Excel Books: New Delhi. ISBN: 978-81-7446-788-1.
9. The Role of NGOs in Conservation of Lakes and Wetlands: Linking the Global and Local Perspective. Proceedings of TAAL2007: The 12th World Lake Conference: 1263-71. Eds. M.Sengupta and R.Dalwani. (2008) New Delhi.
10. Social Psychology of the Family: Strategic Interventions for the Elderly People’s Well Being. JOURNAL OF WELL BEING: Udaipur, India. Vol. 1/Number 1/Jan, 2008. ISSN: 0974-8717.
11. Finessing the Educational Insights. RESEARCH COMMUNICATION Vol.2, No.1. Oct.2010. ISSN: 0975-3613
12. Violation of Women’s Human Rights: Measures and Strategies to Safeguard. CONGRESSO FEMINISTA: Lisbon, Portugal. (2008) CD ROM.
13. V. S. Naipaul’s Dialogic Perception. Indo - Caribbean Studies Association. Warwick University, U.K. (2009) CD ROM.
14. Gender and The Changing World of Women. The Journal URBAN WORLD. Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Externally Funded Sponsorships/Partnerships –
1 Completed the ten-week online teacher training course in: “Building Teaching Skills Through the Interactive Web” during the period October, 2012, through December 7, 2012, conducted by University of Oregon, American English Institute under the course Instructor Courtney Cunningham.
2 From May 11, 2011 - June 10, 2011, the Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded by Osmania University Campus for International Programme, Hyderabad, India in “Human Emotions and Human Rights: Narrative Structure in the Selected American Films” ” –The Color Purple (1985) and Erin Brockovich (2000). Amount granted 70,000/
3 .International Conferences Abroad (Granted Fee Waivers for registration or membership or in accommodation)
Women’s World Congress July, 2008, Madrid, Spain
AEEII, Cordoba, Spain July, 2009
SALA, San Francisco, U.S.A, Dec. 2008
ICSA, Warwick University, Coventry, UK, July 2010
ACLA, Vancouver, Canada, 31March 3April 2011
MELUS, Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.A, 7-8 April, 2011
NeMLA, New Jersey, U.S.A, 9 April 2011
AEEII. Tenerife Norte, Spain, 23-26 Nov. 2011
ACLA, Harvard University Campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A. 17-20 March, 2016
ICLA, University of Wien (Vienna), Austria, 21-27 July, 2016
Educational Programmes Arranged -
(a) Conference Coordinator of the International Conference “Gender and the Changing World of Women Work and Health, 30-31 March 2010 at Udaipur, Rajasthan
(b) Conference Secretary of the International Conference “Intercultural Education and Well Being” 12-13 November 2013 at Udaipur, Rajasthan
(c) Seminar organizer International Seminar at Harvard University campus, Cambridge, Massachussets, U.S.A. Theme – Women of Regalia in Power: A Catalyst, under the aegis of ACLA (American Comparative Literature Association)
(d) Coordinator of the English Language Fellow Program for teachers concluded at BN PG College 42 Participants benefited from the five day workshop regarding English Language Fellow (ELF) Program from 22-26 April 2013 by the office of Directorate, College Education Rajasthan Jaipur in collaboration with US Embassy for government college lecturers of Udaipur zone.