REFLECTIONS on the comments/posts - WEEK - 6, (Part-II)
Dear Friend Mahesh Dey
My academic presentation has created a spur in your mind that what I intend to communicate through my PPT Oral presentation.
1. It is a research oriented presentation that introduces the subject, sub-topics and the objectives and theories how to go ahead with the steps in lesson-plan.
2. This is an issue of anxiety to all concerned in India whether they belong to any agency of ELT, how to go about changes with pragmatics and pedagogy via web.
3. I have inserted one video of American development to chase American dream and this they did first being explorers in language learning and then to be adaptive to all four major learning styles of ELT for transforming their methodology to increase global human capital.
4. The short film exhibits that it is not one day progress even in such multicultural society to facilitate all with CBT and to teach with TELL.
5. If you go to slide numbers 12 to 16 you will find that there are ways to connect students with traditional methodology(offline) or with unconventional learning style of PBL with the help TELL (online) in place of CBT oriented PPT displays and questionnaires. We can generate charts with images of India map and the various cuisine famous across India. Comparing the kitchens in their drawings/sketches or illustrating the women/men role in kitchen.
6. The slide numbers 18 to 20 refer to complete integration of TELL "How to promote Rain-Harvesting" and collaboration of cooperative learning within peers or in groups and to exhibit on a platform of class via charts, posters, model presentation just as we do in science/geography subject classes.
7. The point 6. above also can be taught through screening of the short downloaded film in class through LCD or Television or through filmscreens or through the students laptops or teachers laptop.
8. As the Government of Rajasthan has started the scheme of providing computer tablets to students of rural and urban government schools, so I hope by the next year we can start such activities in rural government and private schools.
9. The PPT lessons and integrated with TELL can be successfully implemented if any of the teacher or student has the net connection or dongle to connect internet service in any corner of India.
10.This presentation when can be taught or presented at seminar/conference level by me, then if I will work for executing in private college, private schools, it is going to bring more engaging involvement of students.
With regards and thanks for questioning and posting comment promptly to clarify the gaps.
FINALLY WITH AFFECTION I CONVEY THANKS AND MY PLEASURE TO ASSOCIATE THROUGH MY POST ON HALLOWEEN DAY WITH MANY OF NEW FRIENDS OF MY E-TEACHER COURSE CLASS.
THIS POST MEANT TO CIRCULATE AMONGST US TO BE INTERACTIVE IN CLASS EVEN VIA GAMES /DRESSES. SONGS, SWEETS AND ENACTING THE ROLE-PLAYS IN CLASS BY TEACHER HERSELF/HIMSELF, ARE ALL OFFLINE ACTIVITIES TO BOOST COOPERATIVE LEARNING IN ELT.